||Welcome to Discovery Communications' Talent Management System.|
To expedite your request and process approved requests, we appreciate your cooperation to register and submit your request for talent via this site. To ensure the requested talent is free from production and other obligations, and consider lending you branding and images for your request, as appropriate, this site allows you to submit a request for talent online, provides a list of potential talent and some biographical information.
This centralized system ensures we have the information we need to expedite your request.
Please read the following and if applicable, do not submit a request here.
*If you are a member of the media looking for an interview, please do not submit a request. Contact the switchboard at (US) +240.662.2000.
*If you are looking to pitch a show, please visit http://producers.discovery.com/.
*If you are looking to be cast for on-air talent or voice opportunities, please send materials to Discovery Communications, attn: casting, 850 3rd Avenue, New York, New York 10022, USA
*If you are looking for regular employment, visit http://corporate.discovery.com/.
*If you are a viewer and have an inquiry about shows, schedules, etc., please visit http://www.discovery.com/. If you need additional information or would like to comment, visit:http://extweb.discovery.com/viewerrelations.
How Do You Begin?
- Review the policies below to request and work with Discovery Communications’ (DCL) talent.
- Register. To register, click New Registration and enter the fields.
- Wait a maximum of two hours for your confirmation email with your username (case sensitive) and password - or simply enter your first and last names (with a space in between - including middle initial if you included it, e.g., John Hendricks, or John L Hendricks) in the username field, and your password. If you are not able to access the system thereafter, contact Talent_Management@discovery.com.
What happens next?
- Talent Management will process and review your request with DCL's Advertising Sales, Affiliate Sales, Business Affairs, Commerce, Communications, Education, Marketing, Digital Media, Production, and others as necessary. We try to expedite review, but this process may take 4-6 weeks.
- If your request is approved, Talent Management will connect you with the talent and/or his/her representative to determine fees and travel. You negotiate and contract directly with the talent and/or his/her representative to secure the talent (timing, fee, travel, etc) for your request.
- If approved, you will complete and return a rights negotiation for images and branding. See policies below for more information.
By submitting a request, you agree to the following terms. The information you provide helps DCL determine availability of the talent regarding production schedules and network priorities (see Schedule), as well as a fit for brands, images and talent only.
If your request is approved by DCL, Talent Management will connect you with the talent and/or his/her representative to determine fees and travel. You would negotiate and contract directly with the talent and/or his/her representative to secure the talent (timing, fee, travel, etc) for your request. Please be aware that the production schedule is our primary priority.
Production schedules are subject to change. With that in mind, we will use good faith efforts to try to avoid having to schedule production on top of an approved appearance, assuming that you keep us informed and we've cleared it with production, yet reserve the right to do so as necessary.
For branding and to secure talent, sponsors must not conflict with DCL’s advertisers, affiliates and partners. Be sure to list all of your event’s sponsors and communicate any changes to Talent_Management@discovery.com ASAP. Any conflicts with current or pending sponsors or partners for DCL may result in declining the use of brands, images, logos or talent.
Working with Affiliates
As our affiliate partnerships are extremely important to DCL, we highly encourage you to work with your local cable/satellite operator to promote your event. Our affiliates have access to several exclusive promotional resources that you may be able to take advantage of based on your advertising commitment. Our affiliate marketing and sales team would be pleased to work with you.
Endorsements & Spokespeople
If you are requesting talent for an endorsement or as a spokesperson, in addition to the requested information online, please address the following:
- Who is the sponsor?
- What is the product?
- What is the talent being asked to do specifically?
- Where is the promotion - international, national, regional?
- How will this be promoted - TV, print, online, etc.?
- When is the promotion?
- When would you need the talent - how much time, when and where?
All promotional materials that involve our talent and/or brands must be reviewed and approved via Talent Management prior to release, including, all media relations activities and promotional materials.
Our network and program names are trademarks owned by DCL. The trademarks are DCL's intellectual property, in which we have made a significant investment. We strive to maintain the value and reputation of our brands at all times.
- No rights are granted to any of our trademarks, logos or content except as expressly provided herein.
- Talent nor their representatives are not authorized to approve use of show imagery, branding, logos or video.
- Talent and their representatives may make only nominal use of our network and/or program name to identify talent during the event/appearance if it is for non-commercial use only, as more fully explained below. Any other use requires our prior written approval in each instance.
- Talent, their representative, the hosts and sponsors of an event have no rights to use the DCL trademarks, logos or content except as specifically permitted in writing by us and must cease all use after the specified event/appearance.
For request that are DCL driven, initiated and executed, we may provide access to electronic copies of talent and show images for a fee and marks for use during the specified event/appearance only and on-site support and management.
For all non-DCL driven, initiated or executed requests, the show or event manager must submit a request via this site to use our images, trademarks, logos and/or content. If the external appearance meets our criteria for support, then we may provide access to electronic copies of talent and show images for a fee and marks for use during the specified event/appearance only.
To request use of electronic copies of talent images, show images or marks,
For non-DLC driven appearances that do not meet our criteria for branding, we do not provide any support. For such events, the client might be permitted to make nominal use of our network and program names -- not the design mark -- but only spelled out, not with our design marks or logos, if it is for non-commercial use only. The references to our network and program must be in the same font and size as the rest of the text and cannot be highlighted or in bold. For instance, the print reference to an appearance may read: (talent name), from the TLC (or appropriate network identification) series, (name of series). Talent, their representatives, and the hosts and sponsors of the event/appearance have no rights to use the DCL trademarks, logos or content other than the right to make accurate, incidental statements or references about services for the program in connection with an event/appearance.
- Client (you) must submit a request via this online tool.
- Talent Management must review the request for scheduling and contractual compliance.
- Talent Management will email client approval or decline for talent and branding/images. Assuming approval, the client will contract directly with the talent for appearance specifications.
- Should branding and images be approved, Talent Management will connect client with the appropriate promotional team, which will need a specific outline of intended uses: what purpose, in which media, and for what period of time the client will use available logo(s) and image(s). We do this to ensure DCL owns the rights for the client to use the images in a variety of manners for promotion (online, print, etc) for your protection and ours.
- Assuming agreement, the client must submit in appropriate media format any and all advertising and promotional materials and/or copy that includes our images, marks, brands or references to talent for review and approval at least 2 weeks in advance of your deadline to the promotional team, which will respond in writing with approval and/or comments.